The first passenger car that came to Iranian market was a Ford car that was bought by the Mozafar al-Din Shah Qajar from Belgium in the early 20th century. The car, which produced a lot of smoke, was known as the smoked carriage.
In 1281 AD, or 1902 AD, Mozafar al-Din Shah, at his first visits to Europe, got acquainted with cars and purchased two machines and brought them to enter them in Iranian marlet. This purchase was made exactly when the Iranian government's treasury was empty and the Iranian nation faced a bad economic situation. He gave them a car at first glance, and bought two Renault cars from the British royal bank of a few hundred thousand dollars. The color of this blue celestial car, and its driver, was an engineer named Messi the French inverted. "We have about 100 cars for export to Iran for marketing in Iran because we know that as soon as the Majesty returns to Iran, many princes and elders, politicians and Iranian renders will want to buy cars," said director of the Renault Company, addressed to Mozaffaroddin Shah.
After Muzaffar al-Din Shah, his son, Mohammad Ali Shah, also used the car until the day he was able to travel on the streets of Tehran. After Mohammed Ali Shah, Ahmad Shah bought one of two cars and sometimes ran them.
The reign of Reza Shah coincided with the modernization and expansion of Western manifestations in Iranian life. For this reason, in this period, until the occupation of the country by the Allies (Aug. 1320), automobiles became the property of luxury items among the wealthy, influential courtrooms, large landowners and businessmen, ambassadors and foreign representatives in Iranian market and Iranian society. Their number was limited. Then, following the expansion of urbanization, the amount of car imports rised from 1300 AD (1920 AD) out of marketing in Iran.
Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, the world's largest automobile collector
Mohammad Reza Pahlavi had a keen interest in the car, so he was one of the largest car collectors in the world after boarding him. He had more than 1,000 cars of different types of the best cars in the world, including Ferrari in a variety of models, the Lamborghini Canthas, dozens of Rolls-Royce models, more than 20 Mercedes-Benz models in different classes, Alfa Romeo, Cadillac, Ford, BMW, Chrysler and hundreds of other devices from the world's top cars in Iranian market after his name.
At the end of the Qajar period and the prevalence of cars during the first Pahlavi era, most cars in Iranian market came from both the United States and the United Kingdom. But since the mid-1330s, Iran's car was first only assembled by foreign cars and then native to the products of the countries of the automobile industry, Entered Iran for marketing in Iran. In Iranian market, mostly Iran Khodro and Saipa are known and often have market share for marketing in Iran, but it should be said that before these companies bring their famous products to Iranian market and become famous, companies like Pars Khodro or the company Industrial - Manufacturing industries regularly have more market share. It should be noted that in the year 1338, Jeep Trading Company started its automobile factory on the road of Karaj, then in 1341 Iran Khodro and in 1344 the Citroën Citroën production company also came for marketing in Iran and practically the automobile industry in Iran flourished.
The first car made in Iran was Pikan Cars, which was made at the Public Corporation of Iran Industrial Industries under the license of the English Talbot Factory and entered Iranian market in 1346. The production of a pickup truck, minibus, bus also began gradually in the following years at the factory.
Iran Khodro Co.
IranKhodro Co., the largest automobile factory in Iranian market, was registered in 1341 with a capital of 100 million Rials. The initial production of the company was known as the ALPI bus whose chassis came from Germany and was assembled by fitting the room on it. In 1345, a contract was signed with Roots UK for the purpose of producing arrows. One year later, on May 24, 1966, the automobile factory Iran National was founded with the capital of about 400 million rials including land, bank credit, new and old machines; which was able to assemble daily 10 rides and 7 buses and trucks.
From 1346 to 1357, the arrows were produced in various models of work, luxury, youth, station and pick-up, as well as buses on city bus 302, desert and Super-luks, minibuses and ambulances. The arc was the first montage of the country's popular vehicle, whose production stopped after about forty years in 2005. It was followed by a picnic that Pride managed to turn into an appropriate arc replacer for the mainstream of Iranian consumers, due to its low price out of marketing in Iran.
After Islamic Revolution happened, Iran National Company changed its name to Iran Khodro Company. Following the closure of the Talbot Company in England, IranKhodro purchased its line of machine tools, and since then, most of the car parts have been manufactured due to marketing in Iran.
At the same time as the arrival of Talbot machinery in 1988, the contract for the use of the propulsion system of the Peugeot of France and the production of Peugeot 405 in Iran Khodro coincided. In 1997, Peugeot RD and Hyundai mini cars were manufactured, and in 1999 the Peugeot Pars (Peugeot) Cars were launched. Following this trend, in the decade of the 1380s, Peugeot 206, National Automobile (Samand), Peugeot 207, and 206 SUVs, called SD and Thunder 90, was launched. Also, Rana, Dena, Autonomous Thunderbolt can be named as new products of Iran Khodro.